Thursday, August 16, 2007
Thirteen Feelings of the Day
Oh, yes...my mood runs the gamut!
- Frustrated...because I can't seem to connect with the new petsitter. She was supposed to come over tonight - after about two week of phone tag - to meet Ramona and see if Ramona will tolerate her. I hadn't heard from her by 7:30 so I called and she just called me back now to say she was somewhere else and time got away from her. I know stuff comes up, but I need to get this situation resolved. Now she is not coming until Monday, which also frustrates me. I can't believe that it is this hard to coordinate our schedules. A friend at work told me about another petsitting service but I really like this one. I don't know what to do.
- Excited...because my dear friend at work will soon be having her first baby, a girl. I stopped by her house tonight on the way to the dr and she is looking very well. All signs are pointing to a baby sometime tomorrow or over the weekend.
- Irritated...because of a situation in my life that continues to be chaotic, despite my herculean efforts.
- Happy...that I will get to see my youth group girls tomorrow night to watch High School Musical 2. It was very cool that they invited me!!
- Weary...of the neverending wash and household chores - on top of my other to do's. It is maddening.
- Worried...about the health of one of my girls. She has not been well since workcamp and has been having some really weird symptoms.
- Eager...to start youth group again for the fall. We put together a really great schedule and are getting a pretty cool new curriculum.
- Hopeful...that this will be the year that our youth grow closer to each other and to Christ.
- Sad...that I may have to board Ramona for my next trip. I really, really don't want to do that but I don't seem to have any other options.
- Angry...at myself for not handling the chaotic situation better.
- Concerned...about my continuing financial struggles. It is really maddening and I'm not sure what the answer is. I keep thinking a part-time job may be the only answer but how in the world can I take that on on top of my full-time gig and church responsibilities?
- Forgetful...even though I have been talking and thinking about the situation with Ramona all night, I forgot to give her her shot. I've got to go do that right now.
- Disappointed...in myself for not taking better care of myself. When I got on the scale for my drs appt, I wanted to run away and hide. I know that I use food for comfort and I need to break that habit. I also need to start exercising - even just a little bit. I can't go on like this. It is not good for my health or my psyche. There's more to be said on this topic but since I am trying to write more often, I shall leave that for another post.